Chris the Perpetual Student

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

It ain't easy being green

So I made it out to volleyball last night. Man did I get rocked. Everyone there was experienced/veteran/hard core and there was me, the newbie, out there trying to hang with them. It was like everyone was at level 50 and I was like level 10 (yes, there is an RPG analogy to everything). I haven't felt this rookie-ish since my days of playing basketball at Hart House in first year university, where I learned the many ins and outs of basketball through the lessons of unforgiving basketball players. However the guys at volleyball were really cool and gave me a lot of encouragement, even after many countless blowouts we endured the one game we had a chance to win I blew the last two points (mental note: second ball always goes to the setter! mental note 2: if you're the setter, that means YOU!). Anyways, it was a lot of fun, can't wait till Wednesday and next week.

Quote of the day:
"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

1 Comments:

  • i know one key to vball success: scream when you spike!

    "BLAAAAAAA!!!"

    By Blogger chinwhat, at 1:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home