Chris the Perpetual Student

Monday, January 10, 2005

I can't get no sleep

My quest for a good night's sleep continues. Because of inventory on Saturday and some unfortunate events over the weekend, it's been 6 days since I last had a good sleep. Tonight my butt is going to bed early!

Unfortunately it was not a good weekend for some people close to me. Why do bad things happen to good people? It breaks my heart when things like these happen, especially when there is little you can do to help. I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason, but it's times like these that make one question, why? What reason is there that this happened? When the answer eludes me I like to think of a quote that I hold in the highest regard:

"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up" - Vince Lombardi

2 Comments:

  • thats a good quote, I'll remember that one. Got lots of good sleep last night, feeling good!

    By Blogger Chris, at 10:22 a.m.  

  • At times, its better not to think "why bad things happen to good people" but "what can I do about it"
    (yes, I realize I will be exposing my nerd membership here but...) It's like that StarTrek episode where Data and one of the doctors were talking (I think it was that old one. Not Wesley's mom... or was he talking to that chick who can sense feelings?) Anyways, they were talking about anger and negativity. Anger isn't necessarily a negative feeling. What's negative is the reaction to the anger. You can do good from it, and you can do bad. In other words, claim that!

    By Blogger chinwhat, at 1:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home