Shopping Spree
So the Christmas holidays have come and gone. I didn't get to do as much on my todo list as I wanted, I watched just one movie (more on that in my next post), I did end up finishing a game (Halo) although it was a game I started earlier in the year, I didn't work out, didn't write a game, made a few drinks, but thats about. So where did my holidays go? Shopping! For some reason I spent an abnormally large amounts of time shopping. Partially was due to the super long lines you have to go through to pay your stuff (word of advice, go boxing week shopping early in the morning to avoid going crazy from large crowds) , partially because I couldn't find the particular things I wanted so I ended up searching every single store for it, and partially because I felt like I had to buy something because everything was so damn cheap so I mulled about in stores looking for something to buy. Anyways, it seems like a spent a ton of cash over the holidays, even though I got everything dirt cheap. And whenever I spend a lot of money (i.e. any time I buy anything from Harry Rosen) I always feel guilty, because I think that money could have been used for more helpful things. Did I really need to buy at $145 dress shirt when a $20 would have been just as good? (side note: working on New Year's has its benefits, an extra 20% off sale and employee discount, thank you poker winnings!) I mean that money I could have saved could have been used to help a lot of people. Do I really need an crazy audio set up in my car? The amp alone I bought could do a lot of good. It's hard to balance standards of living and necessity living in a first world country. I mean, I am spending no different than a typical Canadian would, thats just the way living in Canada is. Anyways, I figure if I can spend money on such things, then surely I won't miss giving away some money, I mean, how much money do you really need from the money you make anyways? Especially with recent disaster in South Asia, I'm feeling guiltier more than ever, since I haven't donated anything yet. But I hope to rectify that some time this week. If you can, try and do the same. The number of people who have died is still difficult for me to comprehend. My thoughts go out to all those affected. Ok thats my 2 cents for the day.

1 Comments:
if you decide to donate some cash for the tsunami fund, care.ca is doubling all donations.
By
chinwhat, at 9:52 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home