Chris the Perpetual Student

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Christmas shopping... for me!

Ok some more quick thoughts before I tackle some meatier issues



So one of the good things (or bad things) about Christmas shopping is that you usually end up finding something cool for yourself! Case in point. I just finished watching the Gladiator DVD that I bought on Saturday (only $9.99!). One of my favourite movies, plus I wanted to compare the visuals in the movie to what I saw in real life. Great stuff. And then on Sunday, I picked up a used copy of Batman The Animated Series volume one! Batman FYI is my favourite cartoon of all time. It's funny how something you haven't seen in ages you remember just as if it were yesterday because you watched it so much as a kid (technically teenager). Batman holds up pretty well watching as an "adult", there are some cartoons I've watched again where the experience was so different then I remember watching as a kid, because you pick up things that dont make sense and that are unbelievable and the corniess of some of the dialogue that you wouldn't have as a kid, but Batman is reasonably intelligent enough that its almost as good as when I first watched it. Anyways, I love Christmas!

Oh and watched Oceans Twelve on Friday, a good movie although I like the first one slightly better. Lots of good punkage, but not enough of Rome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home