Chris the Perpetual Student

Friday, November 19, 2004

Rooooommmmmaaaaaaa!!!!

Above: what every artist shouted at the MTV Europe Music awards

Ciao ciao! Come state? Va bene cosi grazie! Just back from the Vatican so I'm just chilling here in my sister's school while she's off chasing Italian boys, laugh.

Yesterday was chill out day since I didn't want to be a tourist for a day so I decided to take some books and walk over to Isola Tiberina and just do some reading and work on my Italian assignment. On my way down the street I pass by this big crowd (seems like I'm always passing by some crowd or something) and I see some limo with Italian flags on it just pass them, so I figure theres some politician of some sort thats going to come out. Sure enough some guy comes out waving to the people and the people start clapping. I haven't figured out who he is yet, but if hes someone famous that'd be cool.

Ok so I continue walking again and about a minute later I get to Piazza Santia Maria and I see this really hot girl all dressed up and stuff and it turns out to be some photo shoot as there was a whole crew there and a photographer. I started taking some pictures of her and then she starts walking up to me! But I got all nervous and stepped back Stupido! Anyways, her name is Electra (which sounds more porn starrish to me) and she only spoke English so she probably wasn't Italian. I got some nice close ups though!

Ok so I finally got to Isola Tiberina and got some work done. Went home, then me, my sister and her roommates left to go check out the MTV Europe Music awards concert at the Colosseum. If you watched it last night and saw the huge crowd in front of the Colosseum, we were there! We tried to get there from the back, but the streets were blocked off so we had to go all the way around to get to the crowd. And man was it crowded! We were so squashed and pushed around. But we got to see Hoobastank and The Cure so it was cool. The funny thing is that we went home and saw the concert on TV and it said Live, so obviously, it wasn't!

Today my sister and I went to the Vatican. We went up to the Dome of St. Peters which cost 4 euros to take the stairs and 6 euros to take the elevator. So we took the stairs. Man there were a lot of them! But the view from the top was worth it.

So now I'm here just hanging out. Our train for Milan leaves at 11pm so my sister and I are going to go out for dinner and try eating at an Italian restaurant. Till then, ciao!

Christoforo

1 Comments:

  • Ahh wicked I saw that beging hosted by Sarah Michelle Geller, hey did you get to see X to the Z or what?

    Nice pics Chris........

    By Blogger Rubex Cube, at 8:29 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home