False start
Ok so my new year's resolutions have gotten off to a disastrous start. I've super hard core slept in twice this week, although staying up till 2 in the morning trying to fix a friend's computer for two consecutive days has that effect (side rant: I swear, why do computers have to be so difficult! CDs that wont boot, not finding a windows installation, having to create set up disks only to have the installation cd screw up, then having setup disks that dont match the installation cd... Computers should have a self destruct button so I can blow them up, that would fix the computer a lot faster...) My room has turned into a disaster and I have yet to go to the gym. So next week for sure I'll start. Honest!
So the movie I watched over the holidays was House of Flying Daggers, which was a good movie, although I enjoyed Hero more, but the two movies are tough to compare because they are very different movies in my view. At first the movie seems to revolve around trying to hunt down the group known as the Flying Daggers, but it evolves into a complex love triangle between the three main characters. I can't explain too much without giving away too much of the plot, but the plot boils down to a no-win situation, at least that was the way I saw it. Love is a funny thing. Love can bring so much joy and happiness but at the same time a lot of pain and sorrow. I can sympathize with the deputy character in many respects, loving someone so deeply and the pain associated with that love can cause you to do difficult things, although I would not have gone to the extremes that he did. And I can understand the tough position the girl was in, its tough to hurt someone you care about. Its a good movie and I recommend seeing it, it really shows you the things that you do when you love someone.
On a brighter note, I've had these up for a few weeks now but I keep forgetting to post the link so here it is:
Roma Food!
So the movie I watched over the holidays was House of Flying Daggers, which was a good movie, although I enjoyed Hero more, but the two movies are tough to compare because they are very different movies in my view. At first the movie seems to revolve around trying to hunt down the group known as the Flying Daggers, but it evolves into a complex love triangle between the three main characters. I can't explain too much without giving away too much of the plot, but the plot boils down to a no-win situation, at least that was the way I saw it. Love is a funny thing. Love can bring so much joy and happiness but at the same time a lot of pain and sorrow. I can sympathize with the deputy character in many respects, loving someone so deeply and the pain associated with that love can cause you to do difficult things, although I would not have gone to the extremes that he did. And I can understand the tough position the girl was in, its tough to hurt someone you care about. Its a good movie and I recommend seeing it, it really shows you the things that you do when you love someone.
On a brighter note, I've had these up for a few weeks now but I keep forgetting to post the link so here it is:
Roma Food!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home