Welcome back!
So my sister came back on Tuesday night after four long months in Italy, and my friend Ruby just came back after a month in India. So welcome back to Canada! Enjoy the sub zero temperatures and shovelling snow once again!
Ok so I haven't been able to think of anything interesting to write this week so I thought I'd ramble on about travelling. I hope to have the opportunity to live in another country for a few months like my sister did. There's just something about experiencing a different culture and a different lifestyle that fascinates me. I guess its just the newness of everything. You just get so used to the things at home that nothing excites you anymore. But being in a different country, everything is new. But I don't think just visiting a country for two weeks is enough to fully experience another culture. Being a tourist is too much of the outside looking in for me. I want to be in the inside looking out. I was able to experience that for a few moments when I was in Italy, going to the grocery store, watching a movie, it's nice to just blend in and not feel like a tourist. Unfortunately I think I've wasted a lot of opportunities to go abroad, but I can't really blame myself since I didn't get the travel bug until after school. And as time goes on and I settle down more at home, it'll get harder and harder to find opportunities to go. But hopefully I find a way. I decided if I'm still single by 30, I'm moving to Hawaii!
Ok that was kind of a lame-o post, I'll think of something better to write next post. My sister leaves for New York on the weekend for another four months. sigh. lucky!
Ok so I haven't been able to think of anything interesting to write this week so I thought I'd ramble on about travelling. I hope to have the opportunity to live in another country for a few months like my sister did. There's just something about experiencing a different culture and a different lifestyle that fascinates me. I guess its just the newness of everything. You just get so used to the things at home that nothing excites you anymore. But being in a different country, everything is new. But I don't think just visiting a country for two weeks is enough to fully experience another culture. Being a tourist is too much of the outside looking in for me. I want to be in the inside looking out. I was able to experience that for a few moments when I was in Italy, going to the grocery store, watching a movie, it's nice to just blend in and not feel like a tourist. Unfortunately I think I've wasted a lot of opportunities to go abroad, but I can't really blame myself since I didn't get the travel bug until after school. And as time goes on and I settle down more at home, it'll get harder and harder to find opportunities to go. But hopefully I find a way. I decided if I'm still single by 30, I'm moving to Hawaii!
Ok that was kind of a lame-o post, I'll think of something better to write next post. My sister leaves for New York on the weekend for another four months. sigh. lucky!

2 Comments:
Hey Chris,
Thanks again for the Welcome back home! Damn yo, it is cold here and today it is freezing! Man it is soo odd being back after a month of living it up in India! But I did miss home but then again I do miss being a big shot in the motherland! Ahh must be post vacation depression or something I swear there is a syndrome out there that people suffer! Ahh well I guess it is back to the grind and real life as it is! Ahh well I do agree about the whole moving away and stuff! Hey man if I'm still single at 30 (yikes) I'm moving away also! hehe
Cheers,
Rubes
By
Rubex Cube, at 10:47 a.m.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
By
Rubex Cube, at 10:47 a.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home