Chris the Perpetual Student

Monday, January 31, 2005

Revelation

Ok so I finally went to gym yesterday after god knows how long. I haven't ran in months, and after a few laps I began to think of that scene in the Matrix where they just pull Neo from his chamber and he's lying on a table with thousands of pins sticking in him and Morpheus describes how Neo's muscles have atrophied. Well thats how I felt. I think what leg muscles I used to have shrivelled up and died. So today my legs are ultra sore. But I found out there's a boxfit class tonight as well as pick up volleyball so in the name of fitness (and girls) I think I'm going to suck it up and go.

So as I was leaving the Y yesterday, I passed by the main desk and I see one of those pamphlet racks, so out of curiousity I checked it out. As I was browsing, I happen upon a pamphlet about an issue that far and away I feel the strongest about. And then it hit me. For the past few months, as I have mentioned in a previous post, I've been feeling that there is more to life than just work, and that life was beginning to feel devoid of purpose and meaning. But then staring at this pamphlet I began to think, perhaps making a difference in other people's lives, even in the smallest way, is the purpose and meaning I've been searching for. I can't say for sure whether it is or not, but I decided to volunteer and perhaps I will find my answer.

1 Comments:

  • Ahh motivation for me to get my butt in gear, must start to run or at least get up to get running for big race in April! Ahhhhhhhhh I can feel the pain already ouch!

    Good stuff Chris

    By Blogger Rubex Cube, at 7:51 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home