Indecision
So I've been wanting to buy an mp3 player to use when I go running for the past few weeks now. One of those small flash based ones because they're light and don't skip. I have this theory that when I go running without music, the only thing I have to listen to is the voice in my head, and when that voice starts complaining about being tired of that my legs hurt, I sometimes am inclined to listen to that voice. Now if I had music to listen to, then there would be less time that I would have to listen to that inner voice, and therefore reduce the chances of quitting which should enable to run farther. Hence mp3 player = longer running time. And I'll need all the help I can get for the 8k race (18 days left people!)
There is however one obstacle in my way of getting an mp3 player. Deciding which one to get! As a charter member of Team Indecision, I can easily say I am one of the most indecisive people I know. I can spend hours trying to figure out what do for a certain day because I can't decide what option to choose. But in mp3 player searching, I can honestly say this has been the most indecisive I have ever been. I have literally spent hours each day for the past week looking up specs, reviews, prices, etc. but still can't come up with a consensus choice. I even spent the entire morning at Future Shop yesterday looking at mp3 players but didn't leave with one. Why? Because all the players I've looked at have equal pros and cons, and its driving me crazy! Theres not a single one which has more pros and less cons than the other. They're all damn equal! For example, one has expandable memory, the other doesn't, but it will have half the built in memory than the other, and one will have an FM tuner but the other wont, and one will have a built in USB port, and the others wont, and one will have an arm band and the others wont, some will be cheap, the others expensive . So the thing is, if I choose one, then I'm obviously losing out on a feature that I want. Can't they make an mp3 player that has all the features I'm looking for? The choice would probably be easier for someone else, but my indecisiveness is driving me crazy. Now in cases like this I usually break out the old quarter and let chance decide so I guess thats what I'm going to have to do.
So I told this story to a friend of mine and she gave me some interesting ways to justify buying the more costlier of my choices (since I told her I was cheap):
-when mp3 players first came out, they were way more expensive, so I'm actually saving money even buying the more expensive one
-if I use a $150 mp3 player 150 times, than it only comes out to a dollar per use
I dont know where she came up with these ideas, but they are true!
There is however one obstacle in my way of getting an mp3 player. Deciding which one to get! As a charter member of Team Indecision, I can easily say I am one of the most indecisive people I know. I can spend hours trying to figure out what do for a certain day because I can't decide what option to choose. But in mp3 player searching, I can honestly say this has been the most indecisive I have ever been. I have literally spent hours each day for the past week looking up specs, reviews, prices, etc. but still can't come up with a consensus choice. I even spent the entire morning at Future Shop yesterday looking at mp3 players but didn't leave with one. Why? Because all the players I've looked at have equal pros and cons, and its driving me crazy! Theres not a single one which has more pros and less cons than the other. They're all damn equal! For example, one has expandable memory, the other doesn't, but it will have half the built in memory than the other, and one will have an FM tuner but the other wont, and one will have a built in USB port, and the others wont, and one will have an arm band and the others wont, some will be cheap, the others expensive . So the thing is, if I choose one, then I'm obviously losing out on a feature that I want. Can't they make an mp3 player that has all the features I'm looking for? The choice would probably be easier for someone else, but my indecisiveness is driving me crazy. Now in cases like this I usually break out the old quarter and let chance decide so I guess thats what I'm going to have to do.
So I told this story to a friend of mine and she gave me some interesting ways to justify buying the more costlier of my choices (since I told her I was cheap):
-when mp3 players first came out, they were way more expensive, so I'm actually saving money even buying the more expensive one
-if I use a $150 mp3 player 150 times, than it only comes out to a dollar per use
I dont know where she came up with these ideas, but they are true!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home