Half Way To One
Happy half-anniversary! Wow I honestly never thought it would last this long. When I first started this blog, I thought it would suffer from typical new webpage-itis: updating like mad the first few weeks because of the newness factor then the updates start becoming fewer and far between as the novelty wears off until it's forgotten completely. I gave it two, three months max before I figured it would die. There was a point after I got back from Rome when the hits started dropping drastically that I almost gave up, but I promised myself that I'd keep writing as long as there were a few people still reading, and so here we are six months later. For those of you who've stuck through it (I know who most of you are!) and keeping reading my daily gibberish, just wanted to say thanks! I'll keep writing as long as you keep reading. Sooooo...
What have I learned from blogging in the last six months? I've learned that blogging is is a great way to record your memories. I originally made this blog as a way to share my stories with others, but I found that its just as valuable as remembering stories for yourself. I looked back on my Rome posts the other day and it brought back memories of sitting in an internet cafe at 11 at night, but reading how I was typing with a whack keyboard layout made the nostalgia even better. But more importantly, I've learned that blogging is more than just keeping a history of what you do. I mean, yeah, sure people get to know what goes on in your life, which is great. But what I enjoy most about blogging and that what I find the most rewarding is writing about my thoughts. I consider myself a thinker rather than a speaker, as I spend a great deal of time thinking about various things and I guess that blogging has become a vessel to express my thoughts. I just guess there is a subconscience desire to share ones thoughts with others, because who really cares about what you think if they can't hear it? There is an almost therapeutic effect to getting your thoughts in the open (a sentiment that I find is echoed by many others) At the same time, it is also rewarding knowing that even if only for an instant that you make someone think about the things you write about it.
What else have I learned? I've learned that blogging can sometimes be detrimental to getting actual work done. I've learned that being quiet makes it harder to write posts. Sometimes I'll be stuck on a sentence for a good five minutes because I don't know how to say what I'm thinking, which I attribute to not talking much (if you're not used to creating sentences to say, you're not used to creating sentences to write!) I've learned that its hard not to start at post without using the word so. I've learned that I can hear everyone's voices when I read their blogs, but for some reason I can't for my own. I've learned that today is just another topic for tomorrow's post.
Favourite post of the first six months: Man Up. For some reason, when I was writing it the thoughts just flowed out naturally and even reading it again it just seems to flow so nicely as if it was coming straight from my head. It was just something that was genuine, raw, personal, and straight from my head. And thats the true heart of bloggerism!
Runner up: Wax On, Wax Off
The what the hell was I thinking post: Gamers Delight. Some mindless rambling about video games. I remember I had a point that I was trying to get across when I was writing it, but for some reason that point never shows up. Ghetto.
The still makes me laugh post: The Q.C. Haha, can't believe I remembered all those girls (actually no, I _can_ believe that, which makes it even more funnier)
So whats in store for the next six months of my blog? Well more of the same I guess! Actually, what I find that people find the most interesting about blogs (including myself) is learning things about other people that they didn't know so expect more of that. Plus I think I've been neglecting my thoughts of the day so I'll try to resurrect that. Well in three months, I'll have my happy 9 months pregnancy period celebration post, so I guess thats something to look forward to!
What have I learned from blogging in the last six months? I've learned that blogging is is a great way to record your memories. I originally made this blog as a way to share my stories with others, but I found that its just as valuable as remembering stories for yourself. I looked back on my Rome posts the other day and it brought back memories of sitting in an internet cafe at 11 at night, but reading how I was typing with a whack keyboard layout made the nostalgia even better. But more importantly, I've learned that blogging is more than just keeping a history of what you do. I mean, yeah, sure people get to know what goes on in your life, which is great. But what I enjoy most about blogging and that what I find the most rewarding is writing about my thoughts. I consider myself a thinker rather than a speaker, as I spend a great deal of time thinking about various things and I guess that blogging has become a vessel to express my thoughts. I just guess there is a subconscience desire to share ones thoughts with others, because who really cares about what you think if they can't hear it? There is an almost therapeutic effect to getting your thoughts in the open (a sentiment that I find is echoed by many others) At the same time, it is also rewarding knowing that even if only for an instant that you make someone think about the things you write about it.
What else have I learned? I've learned that blogging can sometimes be detrimental to getting actual work done. I've learned that being quiet makes it harder to write posts. Sometimes I'll be stuck on a sentence for a good five minutes because I don't know how to say what I'm thinking, which I attribute to not talking much (if you're not used to creating sentences to say, you're not used to creating sentences to write!) I've learned that its hard not to start at post without using the word so. I've learned that I can hear everyone's voices when I read their blogs, but for some reason I can't for my own. I've learned that today is just another topic for tomorrow's post.
Favourite post of the first six months: Man Up. For some reason, when I was writing it the thoughts just flowed out naturally and even reading it again it just seems to flow so nicely as if it was coming straight from my head. It was just something that was genuine, raw, personal, and straight from my head. And thats the true heart of bloggerism!
Runner up: Wax On, Wax Off
The what the hell was I thinking post: Gamers Delight. Some mindless rambling about video games. I remember I had a point that I was trying to get across when I was writing it, but for some reason that point never shows up. Ghetto.
The still makes me laugh post: The Q.C. Haha, can't believe I remembered all those girls (actually no, I _can_ believe that, which makes it even more funnier)
So whats in store for the next six months of my blog? Well more of the same I guess! Actually, what I find that people find the most interesting about blogs (including myself) is learning things about other people that they didn't know so expect more of that. Plus I think I've been neglecting my thoughts of the day so I'll try to resurrect that. Well in three months, I'll have my happy 9 months pregnancy period celebration post, so I guess thats something to look forward to!

1 Comments:
Congrats for hitting this milestone, keep blogging buddy! :)
By
Rubex Cube, at 4:01 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home