Chris the Perpetual Student

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Finish Line

Legs aching. Joints sore. It can only mean another 8k race is in the books. I finished around 49 minutes which is what I've run the last two years so I was a little dissappointed that I didn't improve my time much but it didn't help much that the weather conditions were a DISASTER. There was snow, there was rain, there was snow that turned into rain, not to mention it was freaking cold. Half way through the race my pants felt like they weighed 10 pounds because they were soaked (I have to give major props to dri fit though, works as advertised!). Unfortunately I couldn't three peat my racing title but I expected as much as I was up against the Manitoulin Machine who was a worthy winner. But I kept it close and if only I knew how close I was I'd probably not walked so much, but I think to myself, I shouldn't have walked so much in the first place, but then I think to myself again, yeah thats easy to say when you're not running and your legs are dying and your chest is burning. Its all a mental thing, unfortunately I caved in too much, but you learn from you experiences and just try to build on it for the next time. And next time is in a month so time to get cracking on training again (once I'm able to walk again that is) Oh and props to the Natty for a strong showing in her first 8k race, and thanks to Rubes for some good good pad thai goodness! Some funny things. Once I thought there were dogs behind me, but it was really the intro to NERD - She Likes to Move. Hahaha, ghetto. And I thought my race play list was long enough, but it ran out too early, so I had to stop and change folders because I had it set to stop at the end of the folder. Oh and one last tip, dont sing the songs you're listening to cause you lose your breath a lot faster!

On an unrelated note, after I got back from the race on Saturday, I flicked on the tv while I was eating my lunch. Now race day is usually the only Saturday I get off every year, so I dont get to catch any Saturday tv. Anyways, I couldn't believe what I saw on tv. It was Video and Arcade Top 10, a show I used to watch religiously when I was in grade 8, which was like 13 years ago! (trivia, who got their starts on this show? Liza from BT and that girl on Andromeda. I thought Liza was pretty hot when I was a kid btw) What was more incredible to me was that the show didn't change one bit. Same logo, same cheesy intro music, even the same host! I couldn't believe it. When they say some things never change, they weren't kidding!

2 Comments:

  • liza from bt started there? no wonder her ass talks so fast!

    By Blogger chinwhat, at 5:32 p.m.  

  • Ahh np next year I will not come in last! Wicked race day play by play it was truely mind over matter for real!

    LOL at Liza she was on that show, I used to watch it as well!

    By Blogger Rubex Cube, at 9:51 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home