Five and Counting
This morning I attended the annual service recognition breakfast for HR because I had passed my five year anniversary at the store last year. Five years!!! (Well technically six years since my six year anniversary is in two weeks) That's a whole 1/5+ of my life spent working at one place. It's hard to believe so much can happen in five years. When I first started, I still had long hair and still had my braces and I wore glasses to work and I hadn't started working out yet so I was skinny as hell and I wore khakis with my dress shirt tucked in. I was also one of the youngest (by far) in the store, but now I'm one of the grizzled veterans teaching the kids (literally) the ropes. I have no idea how long I'm going to keep working there, by all accounts I should have left a long long time ago, and I can tell I'm getting kinda old cause now my knees are getting sore at the end of the day, but I can't bring myself to leave cause the people there are like family (a really big eccentric family that fights all the time) and there are people there I'm close to so I guess I'm just going to keep showing up every Saturday until I dont feel like coming anymore. Anyways, for my troubles I got me a big ol' plaque and a nice shiny new watch with my name on it. Yesss!! Also, I didn't know they read some speech about you, which was slightly embarassing and slightly flattering but in the end it was funny to hear my "life story" at the store being told aloud. I'm like, wow, I'm a damned good employee! Some random thoughts that crossed my mind during the ceremony:
-since these people all have the same anniversary date, I guess everyone sees each other ever five years? People must know each well from hearing their life stories every five years!
-the people celebrating 25 years started working here literally when I was born. Damn!
-wow, I'm the youngest one here. Cheers to the YTM (Youth Movement)
-can I go up to the food table again while the speeches are being read and grab some more strawberries?
Yesss, only four more years to go until my next service breakfast. Can't wait!
-since these people all have the same anniversary date, I guess everyone sees each other ever five years? People must know each well from hearing their life stories every five years!
-the people celebrating 25 years started working here literally when I was born. Damn!
-wow, I'm the youngest one here. Cheers to the YTM (Youth Movement)
-can I go up to the food table again while the speeches are being read and grab some more strawberries?
Yesss, only four more years to go until my next service breakfast. Can't wait!

2 Comments:
Congrats Chris on your accomplishmemnt! Humm just for that I think I should stop by and pretend to shop and be a very annoying customer! LOL man I could never do that, trust me I'ved worked in retail and it can be a bitch! Nontheless good job! :)
By
Rubex Cube, at 8:00 a.m.
appreciate!
By
chinwhat, at 6:32 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home