Ready to Run
Only one more day till the big race. Finished up the last of my race preparations today, picked me up a dri fit tee to wear from the Nike Outlet store (saved me $10 and got an additional 10% off, woohoo I love deals). Got my mp3 player, and just settling down on my playlist. Slow songs I've discovered as expected are pretty lousy to run to, so its either fast hip hop/rap songs that make you feel all tough and makes you keep running, or fast euro/trance that just makes you get all hyper and run faster. As a result, my playlist currently looks like this:
Destinys Child - Lose my breath
Ludacris - Get Back
Benassi Bros - Make Me Feel
DJ Tatana - Always On My Mind
NERD - She Wants To Move (remix)
Silverblue - Stepback
Angel City - Do You Know
The Roots - Seed
Web - Mornings
Amerie - One Thing
Ghostface ft Jadakiss - Run (just for Al)
Training wise, I feel pretty good, even though I only started training two months ago I'm happy to say that I was pretty diligent in my running over those two months which I can't really say I did for the previous two races. As motivation, I've given myself a goal this year which is... (drum roll)
To run under 45 minutes!
I think its a difficult goal to make but one that's reachable if I really really really try (and dont collapse any time during the race). So wish me luck, and if you're running in the race with me, see ya later suckers!* (and thanks for dinner!)
*arrogance disclaimer (old school)
Destinys Child - Lose my breath
Ludacris - Get Back
Benassi Bros - Make Me Feel
DJ Tatana - Always On My Mind
NERD - She Wants To Move (remix)
Silverblue - Stepback
Angel City - Do You Know
The Roots - Seed
Web - Mornings
Amerie - One Thing
Ghostface ft Jadakiss - Run (just for Al)
Training wise, I feel pretty good, even though I only started training two months ago I'm happy to say that I was pretty diligent in my running over those two months which I can't really say I did for the previous two races. As motivation, I've given myself a goal this year which is... (drum roll)
To run under 45 minutes!
I think its a difficult goal to make but one that's reachable if I really really really try (and dont collapse any time during the race). So wish me luck, and if you're running in the race with me, see ya later suckers!* (and thanks for dinner!)
*arrogance disclaimer (old school)

2 Comments:
Frig man your seriously hardcore! Man good luck! I think you will come in first as the rest of us slackers have umm been sort of training and all! Damn me for not getting my ipod shuffle in time! Oh well next year I'll be prepared hehe
By
Rubex Cube, at 7:18 a.m.
my money is on Sara "runs with the wind" Milne
Rubes: its always 'next year' isn't it?
By
chinwhat, at 12:38 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home