Chris the Perpetual Student

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Theory of Socialtivity

So I went to some fancy schmancy dinner with my friend Shaun last night. Over the course of the evening, we came to the realization of the following theories

1. I call it the "Rounders" theory named after the movie. In that movie, the main character has to go to a whole bunch of poker games in order to make a lot of money. But you can't just show up to someone's private poker game and expect to start playing. You need an "in", some connection to get you into the game. Thats what Shaun and I didn't have. We didn't know anybody, so we had no way of getting a crack of meeting people at the other tables (where a lot of the hot girls were sitting). I mean you can't just show up and someone's table and start chatting it up with them. In the game of meeting people, you need to have your ins.

2. According to Shaun, girls dig guys in suits. Now Shaun came dressed in a suit, whereas I came in just a dress shirt. And I saw the proof with my own eyes! Note to self: wear a suit all the time.

3. Now there were a lot of good looking girls at this dinner, but Shaun notes that all girls look good when they're all dressed up and that in normal every day life they probably dont look nearly as good. While I agreed to some extent, I noted that not all girls can carry certain dresses well, and that if a girl can carry a dress well, then she probably looks good in everyday life as well. However after seeing some normal photos of some of the people I saw there later that night, it adds some weight to Shaun's theory! Eeee what happened? What do you think? Truth or fake?

5 Comments:

  • Sounds like you and Shaun had a blast on your date!

    By Blogger chinwhat, at 9:01 p.m.  

  • Interesting thoughts!

    a) Guys look damn hot in suits or any uniform, man us girls will always do a double take or a closer look at someone that get up.
    b) Yeah girls like guys look wayyyyyyyyyy different then everyday life when they are not decked out. So once again in order to be checked out, dress in a suit or a dress hahah

    By Blogger Rubex Cube, at 12:24 p.m.  

  • if i've said it once, i've said it several times: Chin 3:16 - "its one thing for a lady to dress up and look nice. i mean, she's SUPPOSED to look good if she's dressing up. But you got something special when she looks good when shes dressed down."

    By Blogger chinwhat, at 5:58 p.m.  

  • Good point Chin! About looking good while wearing sweats and stuff

    By Blogger Rubex Cube, at 7:16 a.m.  

  • wicked, Chin 3:16, I'll remember that!

    By Blogger Chris, at 10:25 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home