Chris the Perpetual Student

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Summer, Summer, Summer Tiiiiiime!

Yesss, its now officially summer, although I'd say in spirit it started a few weeks ago but if people have to get technical and say that the first day of the summer season is the day of the year when the Sun is farthest north when the declination of the Sun on the summer solstice is known as the tropic of cancer (23° 27') (yes kids, this blog is a learning experience too!) then hey, welcome to summer! So I was off from karate yesterday so I had nothing to do so I tried to figure out what to do with my free time. Of course, figuring out the answer wasn't too hard, what with Guild Wars and PSO staring me in the face. So I started playing, but I thought to myself, this isn't right, I have awesome summer weather just outside the door and here I am indoors. So I went for a short bike ride. Which brings me to my point. Living in the Great North we only get like 2 or 3 months of good summer weather and the rest of the time we are freezing our butts off indoors. And like my friend Chin says, makes you appreciate summer more. So how can one appreciate summer if they are doing the same things they can do in winter. You can't! Its like having the Olympics in your home town and watching it on tv. You can do that anytime the Olympics is on, but how often do the Olympics come to your city. Exactly. So my new philosophy is if its something you can do during winter, do something else*

*PSO, Guild Wars excepted. Hahahahah, I love loop holes!

2 Comments:

  • or practice on partypoker.com for Monday nights! All I need is a laptop and a wireless net connection, and I can enjoy summer at the same time!

    By Blogger Lil Lex, at 9:18 a.m.  

  • Love summer time, people just tend to be in a better and happier mood! Totally agree that you need to make the most of it cause it is soo short! Can't wait to bbq :D

    By Blogger Rubex Cube, at 3:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home