So long, farewell
I had the pleasure of attending my god-sister's wedding a few weeks ago, whom I haven't seen in perhaps four or five years, I can't really remember. I don't really know her all that well, but I've known her since I was little. Back in the day when we were kids, I used to see her and her family a few times a year at get-togethers/parties but as time progressed and everyone gets a little older, those get-together/parties became fewer and far between up to a point where I rarely see any family friends anymore. So while I was sitting there at the reception, I couldn't help but think that this was most likely the last time I will ever see her again. I mean, what other occasion is left after a wedding that our two families would meet again? It's a strange, almost eerie feeling to look at someone you know and know that you will never see them again. You start to frame moments of the occasion in your mind because those are the last images you will have of them. It's something about getting older that didn't really hit me until recently. As time goes on, more and more people will disappear from one's life. Just the other day, a co-worker of mine who I've known for six years left and I know most likely that I won't see her again. But that's life I guess. I like to tell people to treasure the time they have with others and to make the most of the time you spend with them, because life is short and you don't get to make up lost time. So all the best to those who must say good bye. I wonder though, do the same things run in their head too?

2 Comments:
i've heard and believe that:
people come in and out of your life for a reason.
what's the reason? well, that's some 'meanning of life' type shit or something...
By
chinwhat, at 5:52 p.m.
I believe that you must make an effort to keep a friendship or a relationship alive from both sides, it takes two to tango.....dunno I just think if something is worth it or means enough to you, you will make it work....
By
Rubex Cube, at 12:37 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home