Chris the Perpetual Student

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fall Projects

Well it finally happened, I lost against my apprentices. It was bound to happen sooner or later, I trained them too well and they just kept getting better and better. What am I to do now, retire as the former champ and let the next generation have their time in the spotlight? Who am I kidding, I'm going to open some whoop ass on them tomorrow.

So tomorrow is the first day of October which I have set as the official last day of my summer projects, which if you weren't keeping track were baking, foosball and golf. Baking I have decided to extend until the fall since I have too many fans at work I'd disappoint. I'm ending my foosball training since I achieved the goal I set out at the beginning of summer, same goes for golf as well although I'm going to try and get a few games in before the weather becomes unplayable so I can set a bar to beat for next year.

So now I'm in need of some new projects for fall. I've given it a lot of thought in the past week and there was a lot to choose from, but I think I've finally narrowed it down to the finalists.

Become football literate - I played touched football last year and I was totally lost when it came to terminology and strategies, so I'm aiming to know everything there is to do with football. My plan is to finish my Football for dummies book and then play Madden for the rest of the year

Get good at soocer - I signed up for my work's soccer team, and I really know nothing about playing soccer. My aim is to be an above decent player by the end of the year

Vocal training - I bought this Vocal training CD at chapters on impulse in the summer (it was dirt cheap, how could I not?) and so I figured I'd give it a shot. Expert on vocals in rock band, here I come

Become wine literate - So I went out with a girl last night and she mentioned how she just came back from a wine tour and I remembered how I wanted to know more about wine because whenever people talk about wine its like they're talking advanced calculus to me. I have no idea what they are saying. I aim to know everything wine there is to know (and practice that knowledge often of course)


Well thats it. Those that didn't make the cut will be under consideration for winter projects. We'll see how I fare at the end of the year.

3 Comments:

  • Good job Chris! Keep up the baking!

    Cake party at Chris' house!!! called it

    By Blogger Rubex Cube, at 2:11 p.m.  

  • what i learned from the sommeliers that have taught me & worked with: drink wine and figure out what you like.

    although there are 'rules' what really matters is what you like. riesling with hanger steak? why not?

    By Blogger chinwhat, at 10:44 a.m.  

  • but, don't you know advanced calculus? I guarantee that you know more than most of your readers.

    By Blogger Lil Lex, at 10:02 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home