Foosball Anonymous
Well I guess my boss officially confirmed today what I've known for a while now. It was 6:30, everyone has long gone home for the day, but there I am, still in the lunch room practicing my foosball shots and my boss walks in and says "Addicted!" Yup if there's one thing that I'm more hooked on this summer than golf, its easily foosball.
You see, we have this foosball table at work. It was actually ignored for many years, but since it moved into the lunch room it started getting regular play. I for one didn't have much interest in playing. But my co-workers played on it regularly, and as I watched them play every lunch, I figured that they should at least be playing for something (its my competitive nature) so I started a foosball ladder. And that was the beginning of my downfall. Once the ladder started everyone and anyone at work started playing, including myself.
The ladder from a few weeks ago (I'm close to the bottom here (Jack is my nickname at work), I've moved up since then)
Naturally, I was once of the worst players having not played much, and thats when my competitive juices started building steam. I dislike being crappy at things and hate losing even more. So for the past few weeks, I've been practicing diligently after work, usually until I'm the last one left in the office. Whats worse is that I've come in on the weekends to practice. Today I went back to the office at 9pm to practice. Yes, I have a problem. But its all for the greater good. I've moved up quite a few ranks since I started, and I'm starting to get wins against the top ranked guys. I'm starting to pull off my shots with greater consistency and have much greater control. I won't rest until I'm #1!
You see, we have this foosball table at work. It was actually ignored for many years, but since it moved into the lunch room it started getting regular play. I for one didn't have much interest in playing. But my co-workers played on it regularly, and as I watched them play every lunch, I figured that they should at least be playing for something (its my competitive nature) so I started a foosball ladder. And that was the beginning of my downfall. Once the ladder started everyone and anyone at work started playing, including myself.
The ladder from a few weeks ago (I'm close to the bottom here (Jack is my nickname at work), I've moved up since then)Naturally, I was once of the worst players having not played much, and thats when my competitive juices started building steam. I dislike being crappy at things and hate losing even more. So for the past few weeks, I've been practicing diligently after work, usually until I'm the last one left in the office. Whats worse is that I've come in on the weekends to practice. Today I went back to the office at 9pm to practice. Yes, I have a problem. But its all for the greater good. I've moved up quite a few ranks since I started, and I'm starting to get wins against the top ranked guys. I'm starting to pull off my shots with greater consistency and have much greater control. I won't rest until I'm #1!


1 Comments:
man, i remember when i was pseudo addicted. yeah, its pretty fun, specially 2v2
By
chinwhat, at 9:05 a.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home