Amazing Race
In all my travels, I have come to find that a well researched trip goes a long way to improving the quality of your vacation. Case in point. A couple of things I learned before I went to Japan were life savers
-almost every place I read recommended travelling light. I was a bit skeptical of this, but I decided to follow it and all I brought with me to Japan was a backpack and a carry on luggage! Sounds crazy, but it worked out perfectly. I knew from research that the trains only had space for carry ons and nothing larger, or else I would had to use a courier service everytime we moved cities.
-I read that there were no paper towels in Japan and to carry a handkerchief with me to dry my hands and it was just as I read. No air drying for me!
A helpful website I've found is www.virtualtourist.com, where people post their experiences and tips on various places they've been to. The postings aren't screened so sometimes you get a lot of stupid nonsense, but otherwise its a very good resource especially when it comes to packing lists. Also a good travel book I find is essential. I highly recommend the Lonely Planet series, they're a highly detailed and entertaining read. A phrase book/dictionary is also very helpful
Man I hope one day they let Canadians on the Amazing Race, I'm so gonna own!*
*arrogance disclaimer
-almost every place I read recommended travelling light. I was a bit skeptical of this, but I decided to follow it and all I brought with me to Japan was a backpack and a carry on luggage! Sounds crazy, but it worked out perfectly. I knew from research that the trains only had space for carry ons and nothing larger, or else I would had to use a courier service everytime we moved cities.
-I read that there were no paper towels in Japan and to carry a handkerchief with me to dry my hands and it was just as I read. No air drying for me!
A helpful website I've found is www.virtualtourist.com, where people post their experiences and tips on various places they've been to. The postings aren't screened so sometimes you get a lot of stupid nonsense, but otherwise its a very good resource especially when it comes to packing lists. Also a good travel book I find is essential. I highly recommend the Lonely Planet series, they're a highly detailed and entertaining read. A phrase book/dictionary is also very helpful
Man I hope one day they let Canadians on the Amazing Race, I'm so gonna own!*
*arrogance disclaimer

6 Comments:
Yo, I'll be your partner! I'll eat anything they ask us to eat! And I'll do any stunt, like skydiving, or bungee jumping, whatever! And as our relationship, we can be brothers. wicked.
By
Lil Lex, at 5:01 p.m.
fuck that al! i'm chris' partner. both of yall suck at driving! al will be in the right lane forever, and chris'll crash!
By
chinwhat, at 8:45 p.m.
Forget you both I want in! I'll do everything but eat that crap! :)
By
Rubex Cube, at 8:46 a.m.
Haha I thought of potential team names:
Chris and Al: Computer science friends
Chris and Chin: Volleyball partners
Chris and Shaun: Rainman Twins
By
Chris, at 3:02 p.m.
Chris :( How come I was not included in your list....I can represent brown if you want...
By
Rubex Cube, at 10:25 a.m.
because a chris + ruby team would guarantee an L
By
chinwhat, at 5:49 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home