Happy New Year...
...basketball new year that is. But really, thats the only year that counts right? Another season of watching the same commercials every game until they become memorized, of kicking yourself for forgetting to update your Virtual GM err.. FastBreak team, and Donyell Marshall/Ludacris-isms. I love it!
I forgot to do my RottenTomatoes rant last post. I rely heavily on movie reviews when I decide whether to watch a movie or not. Since movies aren't exactly cheap, I don't want to waste my money on a movie that sucks. Since opinions vary so much, I don't rely on a single review but I go to RottenTomatoes.com which collects reviews from across the country. Now it would figure that if critics are more or less unified in an opinion of a movie, then they are usually correct in the matter. But lately, I've been burned by watching a movie they have recommended (Sky Captain, which was the worst movie I've seen all year) and have enjoyed movies they did not (Saw). Just goes to show you that the only critic that counts is yourself, so now I've decided if there's a movie I want to see and it doesn't get good review, I'll still watch it.
So Bush won the election yesterday. I don't really follow politics since I tend to think that no matter who wins there's always going to be some kind of problems that people are going to complain about. Anyways, I had this impression that there was a strong anti-Bush sentiment. But he won. Go figure.
The Sunshine girls have been pretty hot lately, especialy the last two who were some Maxim model contestants (Nov 1 and Nov 3). Hot! Link
I was talking with someone in my karate class last night who was asking me about how long I've been taking karate and how long it took me to progress through the levels and she seemed kinda bummed which brings me to the quote of the day:
Quote of the day: "There are no shortcuts in life to any place worth going" - Unknown
I forgot to do my RottenTomatoes rant last post. I rely heavily on movie reviews when I decide whether to watch a movie or not. Since movies aren't exactly cheap, I don't want to waste my money on a movie that sucks. Since opinions vary so much, I don't rely on a single review but I go to RottenTomatoes.com which collects reviews from across the country. Now it would figure that if critics are more or less unified in an opinion of a movie, then they are usually correct in the matter. But lately, I've been burned by watching a movie they have recommended (Sky Captain, which was the worst movie I've seen all year) and have enjoyed movies they did not (Saw). Just goes to show you that the only critic that counts is yourself, so now I've decided if there's a movie I want to see and it doesn't get good review, I'll still watch it.
So Bush won the election yesterday. I don't really follow politics since I tend to think that no matter who wins there's always going to be some kind of problems that people are going to complain about. Anyways, I had this impression that there was a strong anti-Bush sentiment. But he won. Go figure.
The Sunshine girls have been pretty hot lately, especialy the last two who were some Maxim model contestants (Nov 1 and Nov 3). Hot! Link
I was talking with someone in my karate class last night who was asking me about how long I've been taking karate and how long it took me to progress through the levels and she seemed kinda bummed which brings me to the quote of the day:
Quote of the day: "There are no shortcuts in life to any place worth going" - Unknown

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home