Chris the Perpetual Student

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Art imitates life?

Nerd alert. So I was playing Starcraft last night for the first time in over a year perhaps. I've never fancied myself as a good individual Starcraft player, althought I consider myself pretty alright in a support role. Anyways, I chose my trusty Terrans as I almost always do. Terrans you see are excellent defenders which fits my good defence is a good offence style of play. But after completing my defensive structures, I found myself lost in terms of organizing and strategizing an attack. Anyways I figured the root of my problem was that playing Terrans for so long and in the defender type role caused me to lose my offensive initiative, and that the solution was to start playing Zerg or something that forces you to be more on the offense. So then this thought crossed my mind: has my personality taken on a Terran like attitude? Have I lost the offensive initiative? I think indeed I have been stuck in a defensive like shell, although I have made a few strides. A friend of mine told me this last week, that if you don't risk rejection or failure, so you won't get anywhere, which I know to be true but never really took to heart. So I guess the solution to one is the same solution to the other: be more Zerg-like! Take some risks and if they fail, just keep coming back with more units. Now if only those sunken colonies worked better..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home