Chris the Perpetual Student

Friday, October 22, 2004

I almost got killed!

So I was driving on the highway on my way to work the other day, and I had just got onto the 400 from the 401. So I'm in the far left lane doing about 100km/hour trying to accelerate, when literally out of nowhere I see a car tire bouncing straight towards me less than 100m away! And yes, I said bouncing! I only had enough time to apply the brakes and shift down to 5th. Lucky for me it bounced out of my lane, but unlucky for the guy to my right as he hit it straight on and all I see is a billion fragments of tire explode all over the place (I was also lucky that the rim didn't cross over to my lane from the explosion). Fortunately he caught the tire on the down bounce although as I passed by him I saw that his whole front bumper was destroyed. So yeah, if I left my house 5 seconds earlier that day and caught that tire bouncing up... Fortunately it was not my time. With all these random deaths that have been occuring lately, just goes to show you how fragile life is. Todays lesson: Life is short, live it to the fullest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home